Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Holiday Recap

So I blame it on having a no good connection to the internet for not updating my blog--and though that holds true, it's also becuase I don't feel like i ever have anything to ever update everybody on! My life is pretty much same ol' all the time!

I did go to Utah for Christmas which was way fun--but not nearly long enough! I can't believe how many people I didn't get to see, but was very happy to see the ones I did. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, and you always want to be where your not. If that makes any sense.

Before heading to Utah though, We had Christmas in Missouri. I flew there Christmas eve, and My mom, dad, Uncle Bruce, Kim's family and Emily's family were already there. It was bitterly cold but fun there. We got lots of rounds of dominos in, some present exchanges, and yummy goodies. The day after Christmas Emily and her Family left and Ryans family came for a couple of days. So I was pretty lucky and actaully got to spend the holidays with every family member at some time. Then from Missouri I drove back to Utah with my parents to ring in the new year.

Dave and I pretty much spent everynight at Nate and Kristy's playing some sort of game. I've forgotten that there is life after dark!! I'm so used to my boring night of in bed by 10:30, it's good to know I've still got it in me to play past midnight! :) We got to play lots of Mario kart--though I think between Dave, Michael and Christian there was no way to win! They were too good.

So in no order at all, here are some pictures of the holidays. I don't really know how to add the pictures in a way that they come up in the order I anticipated. It always ends up in some funky order. But hey, it's better than nothing I guess!


Christmas Morning!
Meeting Little Tyler for the first time


Alex shared his rock band with us. And we sure did rock! :)

Sisters! We should've taken one with Emily there and been all 3! Hopefully next year!

Aunt Sandy and Mom bonding :)

Erin and her little doll sporting their beanies that Aunt Sandy made everyone. They were so cute! we had lots of colors and sizes to choose from.

Here's Emma with her doll Jenny.


Visiting Grandpa's grave.
Taking a break from the car on the drive home we stopped at Mormon Island. This is actaully where I spent my very first birthday. In the car coming home from Missouri. I guess I got a punch balloon and a cupcake and was happy as can be ;)


So we stopped here again since it was my birthday eve this year.

Burrr it was cold...but nice to stretch our legs! The little boys did so well with the drive!

Getting ready for some Mario Kart!!

Saying bye to the boys on my last night there :(

I don't know how much little Esplan warmed up to me, It's so sad not being there when they grow up--He was still pretty hesitant to come to me by the time I left...but he warmed up a little and at least pretended to play Mario kart with me. I just wish all of these states could merge in to one and we could be one big happy family :) haha


Kristy picked up some yummy cheesecake from Taggarts for my birthday!

Okay so this was actaully right before I left for Christmas. We went ice skating to celebrate christmas break. This picture is a little out of order, and late to say the least--but since I don't have many pics of my Texas fam--I wanted to share that too!

look at all this snow! And I won't miss it one bit!

And last but not least, posing by the front door with Kimi and KristyI can't think of a better place for a picture besides on the ground by the little caroling people :) (By the way...Kimi is engaged now yay!)

5 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Looks like a very Merry Christmas for the McClellan clan :) Love the pics!

Sandy Hartman said...

Cute pictures of Christmas. Looks like you had a good time in Utah.

Kimberly said...

At least you are not the last one to post. . .I still have to figure out how to get the pics off my new camera. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing things through another's eyes.

hey hey it's sasafras said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love your pics. They are so cute!

Bethany said...

You look like you had a great x-mas with your family! I have a new blog you should check out... its very new... http://davidandbethany.blogspot.com/ im not very good at keeping it up yet, but I am trying. Oh by the way, Jake LOVES the blanket you got him!!