Tuesday, February 17, 2009

1/4 of 100 random things

AKA....25 random things about me! I'm a little slow om the uptake and prefer this to posting it on facebook where most is going on. This way only about 10 people actaully see it versus hundreds. Supposing that that many people cared to read about the random things in my life. So in no particular order here it goes:


1.I had an Imaginary friend named Kimball (which I used from the name on our Piano) when I was little and sometimes I believed he was so real, I would feel bad when I would ignored him because I was playing with other friends!

2. I used to hate baths and think they were disgusting! I don't think I took a single bath all of my high school or college years. But now I find it very relaxing and a good way to warm up. It also helps that I know I'm the only one using my tub!

3. I always wished I had bigger feet. In middle school all my friends and sisters could share shoes but my feet were too little! I would even buy bigger shoes in hopes that one day I would grow into them. I still have shoes I can't fit into, but now I'm glad they are a whopping size 5.

4.I have to smell the dishwasher soap every time I load it. I love it. Sometimes I run half loads just to smell it!

5. I can't stand fingernails! Mine, when they get longer than my skin. And others when they scratch them across there clothes or the sound when they itch their skin, or file them behind you in class, or church, or the bus, or anywhere!

6. I am terrified of Bees. In 3rd grade I tried running away from a bee and ended up falling off a slide. I had to wear a cast on my arm most of that summer. And don't regret it at all! I still flee from the sight of them!

7. I had to have metal tongue reminders on the back of my 2 front teeth growing up because I would swallow using my tongue to push against those teeth causing MAJOR buck teeth. I still cringe at old pictures with my buck tooth smile.

8. I am too cheap for my own good! Every time I go out to eat and can get away with it, I stow away extra napkins so I won't have to buy any at home!

9. I have HoRrIbLe handwriting!! I cannot stand the sight of my own, and will ask anyone and everyone to write things for me. in fact every time I see cute writing I try tracing it and practicing it so I can write like that. But no luck—I am stuck with chicken scratch. In fact when I was young, teachers used to send notes home to have me slow down and work on my writing.

10. have to do everything at super fast speed! It's actually quite unintentional. I walk fast, talk fast, write fast (which is probably the reason of my poor handwriting!) In elementary I would become obsessed of being the first one done with my assignments and turning them in before anyone else.

11.I can't say no to anything or anyone! I'm pretty sure that makes me a flaky person! I have to say yes to everyone and everything, that I can't possibly fit it all in and end up letting people down at the last minute.

12. I have to have my bed made the minute I wake up. I can't even leave my room until it is. But I only sleep on a corner of my bed because I'm so weird about not wanting to mess it up, that I don't move around much and leave the pillows on the other 2/3rds of it.

13.I have to have a plug-in in my closet. I don't like when my clothes go stale.

14.I am addicted to chapstick—my phone and chap stick are the 2 things I take everywhere!

15. I'm also addicted to lotion. I can't even get my hands wet without having to immediately apply lotion. In fact I get anxious if I know I have to wash my hands for some reason and I don't have any lotion to put on after. I would almost rather not wash them.

16 .I do not like to be seen without mascara. I can go out with wet hair, pajamas, whatever, as long as I have mascara on. I don't like that they are blonde and make my eyes disappear without anything on them. I then use a safety pin to separate each eyelash after I have it on. I can't stand when they clump together.

17. I don't like to drink straight water. I don't like the taste of it. Even if it's bottled, filtered or whatever. As a result I love the crystal light packets. It's a good way to drink my water without having to taste it!

18. I wanted glasses so bad when I was little, that I tried crossing my eyes for ten minutes every night because I once heard that that would make your eyes bad. It never worked…I still have 20/20 vision but now I won't complain!

19. I feel bad when other people think (or know) that they woke me up when they call if I had been sleeping. So if that happens to be the case, I overcompensate by being super perky when I answer so they won't know I had been asleep.

20.I fell down not once, or twice, but three times running the hurdles my first race running track in high school.

21. I always take the 3rd item back on a shelf because my theory is: the first item was picked up and put down by someone who changed their mind, the second one was brought back by the store clerk when the person decided to leave it at the last minute, so the 3rd is the first untouched perfect one.

22. I slept outside on the trampoline every night for an entire summer.

23. In elementary school I couldn't say my r's making my name to sound like "Ambah" and I had to go to speech therapy to correct it.

24. I used to make my dad check my bed for spiders every night before I would climb in, because I was told that spiders like cold dark places and I consider my bed to be that I guess! I wouldn't even sleep next to the wall because I was convinced spiders lived between my bed and the wall!

25. I have such arched feet, that if I were to make a foot print the only thing that would show up would be the ball of my foot, the heal and my big toe. My other toes all stick up enough that they never touch the ground.

9 comments:

Becky said...

I have to say that I found your post to be the most amusing of all the "random" posts that I have seen lately.
I think maybe my dad was your dentist as he did the exact same thing to me and my siblings. I also got braces 3 times and had multiple retainers.
I think that sniffing the dishwasher counts as huffing...j/k.

Gifford Family said...

Very amusing! You are a funny gal :) It was fun reading these things about you. I too had one of those tongue things, but mine was so I would quite sucking my thumb.... How sad is that :(

Patrick and Crystal said...

I lived with you and didn't even know you were this weird!! Just kidding! You are so funny though, I loved your post!

katie said...

Amber, you are so funny. I loved that post:) I remember all of the ketchup and mustard packets stuffed in our fridge that you would bring home! I do that too though, I get tons of napkins from restaurants so I can have a stash in my car!

Holly said...

Amber! I love this post, but I'm ready for something new!! I'll just keep checking!

The Hamblin's said...

You are so cute Amber!? How are you? I haven't talked to you forever but it sounds like you're doing so good!! Hope you're having a great summer!!

Sandy Hartman said...

I thought I knew all about my cute little niece until I read your "random posts". You are too funny. Glad you had a fun summer. I can't believe September is almost here.

David said...

I can't believe I missed this post! There are somethings I didn't know about you here! Thanks.

Pam said...

That was really fun!! Thanks for sharing! But I must say, I think #11 should worry Dave just a little ;) J/K