Saturday, November 8, 2008

Return to Sender

So my friend Monica and I at work decided to try an experiement one day when we reached the end of our book of stamps. We wanted to use that Giant replica of the stamp that they put on the front of the book of stamps, and we glued it to an envelope. We put my name and address as the recipient, and her's as the return address and mailed it from work to see what would happen. Then we each wrote a note to each other to put in it to see where it ended up. Well, a few days later, it arrived at Monica's address! They had ripped off the stamp and stamped their own "return for postage" in it's place. Little did they know...we fooled that mail system! They actaully mailed it for us with no postage!!


Well, it's not quite as clever as some of Jim's office ideas, but hey, it killed a couple of minutes in the day for us! ;)

Here we are before and after...







On another note, Also at work, sometimes the asians like to have what they call a tea party where they order their famous boboli tea. I'm not a big fan normaly, but since it is the season, they actaully have pumpkin spice and is very good! The little boboli's are big black pearls that taste just like tapioca. So we took ours out to the little pond on our lunch break and drank away! This is a rare but fun occasion as it also takes away from the monotany of work. Also notice those ducks. They are the most unscared ducks I have ever seen! They beg worse than dogs! Every time someone is outside trying to eat their lunch, these ducks come right up under them trying to get a little somthin! It's a little frightening sometimes! They follow us like everyday and we've never even fed them! Crazy ducks! Maybe it's cuz we tease them and throw accorns trying to get them away....




5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ingenious to use that last "stamp". Now I'll know what to do when I have to mail off the last bill and no stamps left over!

Patrick and Crystal said...

Amber you're so cute! I love that you have a blog so I can remember the fun times we had in Rextown. Remember the library days? We were so good then. And I love your stamp story! That's hilarious. Seriously.

Cassie said...

The stamp story is halarious. Now I want to try it...Wait til I tell my fifth graders.

Caskey Crew said...

Wow Amber, postal fraud huh? JK... that of course is what Brock said, but I sad AWESOME!! :-)

Caskey Crew said...

SAID