Friday, October 3, 2008

short and sweet

Okay, So I have no "good" excuse for never updating my blog--but I can say that it's a gamble to get the internet at my apartment. Borrowing neighbors wireless just isn't all that reliabe. So I can't write much for fear of my luck running out. But pictures are worth a thousand words anyway...so I'll just post some pictures of about the last 2 months events. But since I don't have that Happenin' of a life--you didn't miss out on too much during this lapse ;) And the only times I've thought of updating is when I've taken a bazzilion more pictures of Roxy as she is all I have. But I don't wanna look like the crazy dog lady who is so obsessed with her pet she forgets she has a life---so I'll spare ya on some of the many!

So in no particular order--because really, I can't recall. And remember, I AM on a time frame against the wireless here, so I dont' have time to think that far back!

This first one is of Roxy's favorite place to sit when we're anywhere in the kitchen / living room area. I'm not sure if it is because it is the most cool spot, being as though it's not carpet, and I'm a little cheap and don't run my air conditioning much!! haha, but hey, I do like to be hot, so it works! She, on the other hand, probably doens't enjoy it as much and spends her time panting!




The next one is her favorite place to sleep at night....right next to my head on my extra pillows! But don't worry, if anyone comes to visit, I'll be sure to give 'em a good washing so you can have something to sleep on! And no, I'm not saying she's not already clean...but as an incentive to get some visitors. I have finally moved up off the air mattress now--6 months of that, and anything feels nice!



For Seth's bithday, we went to Gatti-town where we ate and played to out little hearts content! For some reason the kids really loved the bumper cars! hmm, maybe it's because they enjoyed me running into them so much! :)



Emily and I took Seth and Alex to see an SMU / TCU football game where Alex got to stand on the sidelines with all the other allen kids sporting there teams jersey's while the big guys warmed up. It was no BYU game...but it was fun none the less. I have forgotten how much I love watching actaully football in person!! Well, Besides the Nasty hard-as-a-rock but supposedly soft pretzel we had, and the sticky pop spillen floor, and a section full of hyper ADD Allen junior football kids banging there noise makers the entire time...it was quite enjoyable! I even managed to sneak in some redvines! And to top off the night---we got to take public transportation!! A first for me! Who woulda thought the Dart would bring in such a wide varity of people. But if you just hovered over the seat, and balanced yourself without touching the handrails, I think one can survive without getting some kind of sickness from the ride! But then again, I never think of those things until AFTER I had already touched something with my hands that was going into my mouth. OH well, we survived! And we saved money! I love getting deals--no parking payment for us!




So I've thought alot about going back to school, more for something to do than anything...but the place that enticed me most was SMU (Southern Methadist University) Maybe it's that whole "church school" thing ;) but also, because It's right in Dallas, and I could still live at home and commute. Well, that was my idea until I learned just how much private schools are!! Wow--I'll never be able to afford that! I got lucky at a BYU--I thought it was actaully cheaper to go to a church private school. Boy do I live in a bubble! But it's fun to think about being a campus kid again!
So here we are with the horse...or um, stallion, or...I forgot what they were!!



As always, we have our sunday dinners together as us 3 family's. Well, I guess you could call Roxy and me a family now. We used to have Geoffs brother and sister-in-law making actaully 3 families, but they have moved to switzerland, so we are down in numbers again. But anyway, these are from a sunday at Ryan and Shelley's where we went outside for some fresh air after and this was the result. The little boys playing football, the girls making up cheers and dances, little erin wanting to only wear panties, and Roxy trying to get Oscar to play with her.

So Erins a bit Sassy here...there was a cute one--but for modesty purposes we'll keep it a head shot. haha





But we got one with her clothed too...phew!



So I guess this post wasn't so short or sweet, but hey....it's a start!

7 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Cute Pics. Looks like life is treating you pretty good! Hope you keep us updated more often.

David said...

Hey! I knew you could write another blog! It looks like you are having a lot of fun. I wish I was there with you all.

Kimberly said...

Hey Jo Jo,
I love seeing pictures. . .if you're like me, you only have a brief moment to look at pictures and not actually post, right? and if you're lucky, you can comment. :)

Megan said...

Hey Amber, how are you doing? I found your blog on facebook. So cute! I love your little puppy!

Megan and Erik said...

I forgot you can check out our blog too at erikandmegan.blogspot.com

The Thomason's said...

Hey Girly! I miss my 'Morgan' roomies a lot. If you are ever up north you better give me a call. I hope that everything is going well and that you are nice and warm in Texas. Oh by the way, your little dog is so cute. Hopefully she has a better fate than Pepsi the dog. J/K I don't want to jinx her. Love ya, Annie

Shar said...

Miss ya amberly!